You are here because you don’t want WiFi calling anymore and want to turn that off. If so, you have come to the right place. This article explains how to turn off WiFi calling in Android. Sometimes, WiFi calling notifications become very annoying. Therefore, it is very important to know how to turn off WiFi calling notifications. It also covers how to turn off Wi-Fi calling on the iPhone. Let’s don’t beat around the bush and come straightly to the points.
What is WiFi Calling?
WiFi calling is an alternative way to cellular connection for making voice and video calls. Instead of using a cellular connection, WiFi calling allows you to make and receive voice and video calls over a WiFi connection. Therefore, if a cellular connection is not available or weak, you can still make calls using this method.
All devices don’t support WiFi calling. In some devices, this feature is enabled by default. So you need to turn it off if you want. Methods of turning off or disabling this feature can vary from one device to another based on the device type.
This article explains three different methods for disabling WiFi calling methods in Android. Plus, we will also talk about how to turn off WiFi calling on the iPhone.
How To Turn Off WiFi Calling in Android?
First thing first, you should refer to your device guide for proper help. Because the process of turning off the WiFi calling option varies from one device to another. If the process is not mentioned in the device guide, this article may be helpful for you in this regard.
First of all, you need to connect your smartphone with WiFi to access these settings. Then, follow the steps below to turn on and turn off this feature:
First Method for Disabling WiFi Calling in Android
This method works in the majority of the devices including Samsung, Motorola, etc. Follow the steps below:
- Click on the Settings option in your cellphone.
- Tap on the Network & Internet option. If you are a Samsung user, tap on the Connections option. Similarly, Motorola users having phones with Android 9 Pie, tap on the WiFi Calling option.
- Now, tap on the Mobile Network option.
- Go to the Advanced option.
- You will find the WiFi calling option there.
- If the WiFi Calling option is on, turn that off by tapping the toggle switch button.
- For turning it on again, you can tap the toggle switch again.
Second Method for Disabling WiFi Calling in Android
The previous method might not work If you have a Samsung device running Android 9 or above. So you can try this method for disabling WiFi calling in such devices. Further, you can use this method to turn off that feature in Huawei and Nokia smartphones. Follow the steps below to disable WiFi calling:
- Tap on the Phone icon on the Home screen of your smartphone.
- On the upper right corner, you will find a Menu Icon, tap on that.
- Now, tap on the Settings option.
- You will find the WiFi Calling option there. You can tap on the toggle button to turn that feature on and off.
Third Method to Turn Off WiFi Calling in Android
If you have updated your Android smartphone and that is running Android 8.0 Oreo or higher, both methods above might not work in your case. Both methods may not work due to recent software updates. Therefore, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, you will find this option. You can turn it on or off according to your need.
Let’s move ahead and learn how to turn off WiFi Calling on iPhone.
How to Turn Off WiFi Calling on iPhone?
Like Android, the method of disabling the WiFi calling feature can vary from one iPhone type to another. Follow the steps below to disable this option in your iPhone:
- On the start screen of your iPhone, choose Settings.
- Now, choose the Phone option by scrolling a little bit.
- You will find the WiFi Calling option there. Tap to disable this feature.
Here is an alternative method to disable that features in different devices
- Go to Settings form a home screen on your Apple iPhone.
- Then navigate to the Cellular option.
- If you don’t find this option, you can swipe left for accessing the App Library.
- You will find the WiFi calling options there. You can toggle it to turn it off or on by tapping on it.
How to Turn Off WiFi Calling Notifications?
As we have already mentioned that almost all devices have this feature enabled by default. When you turn this feature off due to some reasons, you will be getting a notification to turn on WiFi calling. You will receive this notification multiple times every day that can be very irritating.
Then, you need to get rid of such irritating notification. The methods of stopping these notifications vary based on different devices. First and foremost, try to disable this feature. When you turn this feature off manually, you most possibly won’t receive notification anymore.
If notifications are still popping up, follow the steps below to turn off WiFi Calling notifications:
- Long press the WiFi calling notification.
- Choose the Details option from the pop-up menu.
- Then, tap on the Importance and set the importance to low.
- It will turn on notification!
How to Turn On WiFi Calling?
It is not a big deal to turn WiFi calling on if you have already disabled it. Follow the aforementioned steps but this time you will have to tap the toggle button to turn WiFi calling on.
How to Make a WiFi Call?
There is no major difference between a voice or video call over WiFi and a regular call. In this way, all you need to connect your device with the internet and enable WiFi calling feature. It will work when the cellular connection is weak or unavailable.
You will see a specific calling icon on the top of the Android device when calling with a WiFi network. Similarly, you will see VZW WiFi in the status bar for iPhone devices.