After making a purchase, you should take a moment to leave feedback about the order on Etsy. Your feedback should indicate that your experience was negative, positive, or neutral. Many buyers purchase the item as a guest so they are unable to leave a review.
How to leave a review on Etsy?
This article guides you about:-
- How to leave a review on Etsy as a guest?
- How to leave a review on Etsy’s purchase?
- How long do you have to wait to leave a review on Etsy?
- How to leave a review with a photo on Etsy?
Let’s get started…
How to leave a review on Etsy as a guest?
Etsy allows you to review the purchases that are associated with an Etsy account. Then, how to leave a review on Etsy as a guest? No need to worry at all, you can still review your purchases. All you need to claim the order to an existing or a new account.
The majority of the people purchase it as a guest and don’t create an account for making a purchase. If you purchased an item as a guest, create an account, and claim your order. After claiming that order, you will be able to review the product.
Follow the steps below to claim your order and create an account:
- Open the email that you used when placed the order.
- Locate the email receipt that you received after making a purchase.
- You will find an order number in the first line of receipt, click that.
- Follow the instructions to create an account.
- After account creation, your order will automatically be linked to your new account.
- Now, you will be able to leave a review of your purchased item.
Note: The email address should be the same that you used for the guest order when creating a new account. If you face any issue with the order, you can get in touch with the seller first by replying to the receipt email.
If you are unable to find the receipt email, check your junk or spam folders. If you still can’t find your receipt, you can contact Etsy’s support for further help.
How to leave a review on Etsy’s purchase?
Before we take about how to leave a review on Etsy purchase, let’s have a brief overview of the Etsy review system.
Etsy Review System
The review system of Etsy consists of five-star ratings in which one is the lowest and five being the highest. You should choose a star rating that truly represents the purchases. Plus, you should add a detailed review in the provided text space to help other shoppers.
After posting the review, other buyers will be able to see your profile information in the seller’s reviews. Buyers can rate the quality of the item, seller customer service, and shipping. Now, you are familiar with the review system of Etsy, let’s learn how to leave a review on Etsy purchase…
A Step by Step Guide to Leave a Review on Etsy
The system allows you to leave a review from your purchase page. And, you can only review your purchased item. If you purchase several items, you can review all items individually. Follow the steps below to leave a review:
- Go to the official site of the Etsy or open the app.
- Click or tap on the Your Account icon.
- Go to the Purchase and review option. You will see a list of your purchased items.
- Now, find the purchased item you want to review.
- Next to Review this item, choose the star ratings you want to leave. If the “Review this item” option is not available next to the purchased item, read the next section of this article for help.
- You need to write at least 5 words of text to describe the service and item you received.
- If you are leaving a five-star review, you will be able to upload an optional picture along with the text. However, you can’t upload an image below five-star ratings.
- Click Post Your Review to publish your review.
Your review will be publicly visible so that other buyers can read that. You can repeat the same steps if you want to review another purchased item.
How long do you have to wait to leave a review on Etsy?
If the “Review this item” option is not available next to the purchased item, it means you can’t review the item at that time. For example, you will be unable to review your purchased item after 100 days.
Similarly, you will have to wait until the case is closed to leave a review on Etsy. It means you can’t immediately leave a review after making a purchase. When you make a purchase, the case is still opened until you receive the product. Once you receive your purchased item, the case is closed. When the case is closed, you will be able to leave a review.
When an order is canceled, Etsy considers that transaction or order to be voided and over. The cancellation process can take up to 48 hours. So you can leave a review during this time.
If you want to edit or delete your review, you can only do it during the 100-day review period. A review of 3 stars or fewer can’t be deleted if the seller responds. You can edit or delete a review of 4 stars or above during the 100 days even after sellers respond.
How to leave a review with a photo on Etsy?
Etsy allows buyers to leave a review with a photo of their purchase alongside a five-star review all around the world. They can only upload a photograph when using the Etsy app for Android and iOS devices.
The photo will appear everywhere on Etsy once the review is published including the main shop page and your listing reviews. Buyers are allowed to upload an image only when they leave a five-star review. Therefore, when they leave a five-star review of a purchased item, they will be able to include a photo of the item with the review on the Etsy app.
After successfully uploading a photo and submitting the review, buyers are prompted to share the photo. So they can share the review on SMS text messages, email, Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
The image of the purchased item will appear along with your shop name and your Etsy listing’s link. You might be thinking about why the photo can be uploaded with only a 5-star review. It is to make sure to leave five-star reviews and encourage buyers to share photographs of their purchased items. Because leaving a bad review along with a picture seems like a bit of overkill.
Due to this reason, buyers can only upload images of their purchases but can’t include words in their reviews. However, sellers have the option to hide photos on their listing reviews and shop review page.
Read more on- TryOurTech.com